It is time that I come back to my roots in writing. I started keeping a journal before I knew how to write, twice even writing on the walls in our old house. I miss writing about the little things in life. I have another journal for the deep things, and we may get deep here too-- we'll see where the words lead me. None-the-less, it's time to look at the little things in life and make note of them.

The little things are most often what make the largest difference.

Friday, March 12, 2010

Past Poetry

I like poetry. I don't share it much, but it's easier to do on a venue like this. Random little things I stumbled across again tonight:


Nothin'
cause I don't
want to be judged
by the words I leave
here.


Untitled Prose
i find it quite amazing, the power of a few simple words. or, even one single word by its self. a word or a set of words sends a message. it is a statement, it shares something, provides insight and lends knowledge. words stay with us. they find a home somewhere deep inside and bury themselves flush within covers made from our heart and soul. they ride there through the day or night and help guide and shape who we are. one must choose their words wisely, for the words they choose to release will do one of two things-- take shape of the wind and become the final fatal force which pushes us over the edge to a never ending spiral, landing only with the most brutal of all deaths; for words of evil spirit do indeed kill something within. or, one's words could too take shape as the wind and lift us up into the air, twirling about and giving the gift of flight. from such great heights we can see nothing but the beauty which surrounds us constantly and have a choice none other than to spread what it is we see, what we have found and never again wish to let go of.

and it is now that i find myself in the mitts of dueling winds.


(Appropriate for a first entry, I thought)


Music. It's been my central focus lately. It's a large part of my life regularly, not that this is out of the ordinary for anyone, this week, though, it is almost as though I have discovered music for the first time. I'm drawn in. I feel like I could sit and listen to music all day long without need or want for anything more. "I'm the friend you need but can't be trusted" echos through the room from my speakers, and instantly my mind runs to the person this reminds me of.

Why are we so easily confused, wound up in, and seemingly torn away from the friends we're so remarkably close to?

What's more, we know that it is worth it.


That is me, that is the me I wish to always be. I am everything, now and in this moment. Why should we be anything less? All we ever have is the moment we are in. I want to live with love. Love is God-- how amazing is that? I want to know how I can be more in the moment, what will it take? When I'm mad, I am m-a-d mad! When I'm sad, I'm sad enough to allow it to be. But then I work to let it pass. We spend so much of our time consumed, consumed by-- insert pretty much anything and everything here --our challenge is how to balance our lives out so that we find ourselves thoroughly consumed by what we wish to be consumed by at least most of the time. There will always be the inevitable times where you are consumed with or by something you'd really rather not be. But embrace it. Live it. Really allow yourself to live. Because without which, what is life?

No comments:

Post a Comment