It is time that I come back to my roots in writing. I started keeping a journal before I knew how to write, twice even writing on the walls in our old house. I miss writing about the little things in life. I have another journal for the deep things, and we may get deep here too-- we'll see where the words lead me. None-the-less, it's time to look at the little things in life and make note of them.

The little things are most often what make the largest difference.

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Poem

I guess I feel like sharing this week. This is a poem I wrote for our manuscript project for a poetry class I took as a sophomore in college. Making me want to start investing time in poetry again.

List poem taken from loveable lines in my writers notebook.

Life's List
Salty.
Used religion.
Excitement's form alone- worry.
Collecting repeatedness.
Listening to fake rain.
Discerning odd dreams.
Off, tied tongue.
Dinning over poems.
The shock of consciousness in the city.
Thoughts in line.
Birds with beer on beaks.
Tattoo subjects.
Lines where body ends.
Neoclassical crap.
Something for the poets
to try and take down.
A 12 page sleeping pill.
As purposeful as felt placed on
the bottom of shoes.
I couldn't cry right.
Moments waiting for whiteout.
Literature of the dead.
What a society of critics are
willing to withstand.
"Placebo for your pocket."
Jars of Clay.
My sweet little toe religion.
As excited as 4 thousand
forty 8 pop tabs.
Conundrum.
Buzzed right by in almost
a blissful blur.
Life laughs last.

No comments:

Post a Comment